Here comes another little post related to what I do on a regular basis. I tried this yummy and pretty healthy snack in my Cooking Adventures class. It's 'Chocolate-Granola Coved Apple Wedges' and the kids loved it! Well... there was one case of 'I don't like chocolate...' ( right?! who doesn't like chocolate ?) so I convinced my little friend to make some of this delicious snack for her family and eat the apples in the meantime. Also, one of my students has an allergy to nuts so be careful. Granola may contain some traces . It turn out the one I used had almonds so his apples were just covered with chocolate. He loved it nonetheless!
Here is recipe:
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup low-fat granola without raisins
- 1 large Braeburn apple, cut into 16 wedges
- 1. Place chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds, or until chocolate melts.
- 2. Place granola in a shallow dish. Dip apple wedges, skin side up, in chocolate; allow excess chocolate to drip back into bowl. Dredge wedges in granola. Place wedges, chocolate side up, on a large plate. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until set.