This past weekend was very busy but I still managed to bake not one but TWO cakes ! I teach at a Polish School for Language on Saturdays and had an early class that day and in the evening I got together with lots and lots of beautiful women to celebrate my friend's bachelorette party. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be in shape the next day to bake anything but I knew that Pola would not let Sunday pass without a cake. I also promised to make a gluten free cake for my friends at work so... I looked up some recipes a few days before and decided to make my first bundt cake for my family and this delicious flourless cake. Both of them turned out beautiful and yummy and they were quick and easy to make.
Here is what you need to make Chocolate Bundt Cake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add butter, egg whites, and egg; beat with a mixer at low speed 1 minute. Beat at high speed 1 minute. Add milk, espresso granules, and vanilla; beat 1 minute. Pour batter into a 6-cup Bundt pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
Alice Medrich, Cooking Light